Tuesday, September 25, 2012

11 things

11 things i meant by texts that read “i miss you”

1
I have never wanted to be held
for fear of gravity multiplying without your strength
but I find you standing not above or ahead, but beside
with your hand placed quiet on the secret part of my spine
in case my legs stutter
or the ground tries to break my stride

2
I think sometimes, of us
but only when my heart cooks brain
and the world exhales in full stomach sleep

3
We are not a match
it’s just that your colors complement mine

4
You put smiles on my face
not just big loud kinds but sly lip curves
I wanted to tell you it’s okay if you’re not ready for words
maybe only silence has enough room for us to live in
and because your quiet touches are the best

5
I respect your being
even if it does not involve being near mine.
But I’d rather us be in the same place at the same time,
if that works for you too.

6
your fingers don’t just move but dance
sometimes when I see what your hands are capable of
I feel lucky for what you’ve created in my chest

7
I wanted you to know that I love your skin
not because your tone gives mine depth- and it does
but because your pigment
was mixed from strong calm pride and
closed off pores
to hide your insides from closed minds

8
I hope you know I’d hold your weight as my own
or just acknowledge that it’s never been mine to hold

9
I don’t mind if you change my name in your phone
as long as you let me in your nooks
so I can think you kept them soft just for me

10
I wonder sometimes, if the moon ever wanted the sun
that her dark beams don’t long for some light
and the sun just wants some time to cool off in her night.

11
I know that we are worlds apart

No comments:

Post a Comment