Tuesday, November 27, 2012


My Body


First there is little girl flesh
his hard hand beside a barely there breast. First
pain in my chest. First
day of health class. First no sir I'll pass.
First, face slap a dude grabbin ass. My Body.
Choose between alone with him,
or alone with you because My Body
became a secret everyone knew
and I didn't
choose.

My Body, warm open soul flesh wild out of control yes. No,
cold hard soul no means;
I told you so
like hand holds to growing toes,
like abstinence to abortion clinics
like whether to give life
or to have my own to, let it be full grown
but this body is not my own.

Choice like-
what kind of shirt I wear, what time of day to fear
to be a virgin or a whore
to be scared or to not fucking care anymore. My Body
from my
sexy thick thighs to my
sometimes green eyes
my stomach that isn't always small enough
a maybe too large bust
my skin pale with pores and holes
that creep into my soul.  My Body

is not your toy or battleground.
My Choice
does not require finding common ground,

like what happens between us
what I grow in my uterus,
to be home or in the economy,
like when you fucking touch me. My body.

You teach me it is not my own,
but the marks you leave are mine to bear alone.
So until no, means no
and not "I told you so"s or questions of clothes
or what kind of shirt she chose,
this choice is mine alone,
because this body is here to hold My Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment