Monday, April 7, 2014

-

1

fuck you

The personal is political. It has always been so. Woman, do not let go of your core because oh, they will try and take it from you. They will grab at every fiber of you, try to tear you until you are complacent. They will tell you that you are too emotional
too angry
too volatile.

i stopped knowing when to spit
and when to swallow

so my fire eating career came to an end
so I

spit spit spit
I will no longer swallow and
self care is an act
of relationship warfare.



2
jealousy

dark skin is so lovely, to me. so is your hair.

I remember us sitting in the bathroom of a party
"you're so pretty" we would say,
in our heads or maybe aloud but either way,
'you're so pretty" we say -

you're so/I'm afraid that you are     pretty/ier than me

make up is exchanged.

you are my sister
I am so sorry that pretty has gotten in the way of that.



3
sad

your best friend asks how are you. we both know how i am. you give all the words you have and i try and grasp onto them with everything i have, try to take them and build a cushion around me, try to make something I can just rest my heart on for a minute, but the pass on by and

I just have to ride this out.



No comments:

Post a Comment