Monday, October 8, 2012

I love Apples, Applesauce, and Apple pie


If Adam asked me, to please come take a bite
I don’t think I would  much mind 
I think I would sink my teeth in that juicy apple flesh
and enjoy the nectar running down my face

what I don’t think is that, I would have done it
without a thirst for answers knowledge and power
and the repercussions of my Father, 
could fall freely around me and into my arms

see, when the snake of my God chose to be
wrapped around my tongue, 
when he sunk his venom into my veins
I don’t think I paid much mind, 
I just wanted a place amongst the vines

I welcome evil, I would swallow it whole
swallow it deep into my underbelly
to heavens, to hell, and I am in between
I do not mind being here,
even though you assume I have plagued myself

I find your heaven less valuable than that apple bite
that tainted sweet snake to the mouth fright
 there is value in experience, and beauty in pain
call the bite sin but I call it the nature that
courses inside of my very human insides

that You created
Adam can cower and pretend,
I find that natural of him

throw your sin onto me,  for I am Eve-il
tell me I have cursed your kind, 
battered and beaten and filled with sin
we are Impure at Birth, we are Impure on Earth

but I chose to be tainted, I sunk my teeth deep 
and then deeper in, swallowed whole your 
blame hate and your prejudice
but I did it to quench my insane thirst
for answers knowledge and power

Adam, what did you do? but take it from my hand
without thought or question
not out of bravery but out of pure lack of anything
and then cower when our Father frowned

I sew your blame into my skin and wear it proud
and I will lay in the vines with snakes entwined
with sin in my skin and red juicy flesh in my teeth 
I am smart, I am powerful, and I know, I am Eve-il,
 I am you, I am human, and I am beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment